This Easter was significant for hubby and I because it was the first major holiday we have celebrated alone together (well, add our two kids of course). In the past, we have been blessed to spend holidays with our extended families. We loved it. But this year, we really had to think about what we wanted to do. Planing unified us as a family.
This is what we did.
1) Easter dress. I added laced sleeves. It was perfect for her.

2) Chocolate bunny (Thanks Gramers) in her basket with goodies after nap.
(Notice clothing change. Our little Miss changes clothes two to three times a day. We are working on a solution.)

3)Easter bunny. Hard to find, but we got a shot of this one.


4) Egg hunt. There were 27 eggs, with one or two jelly beans in each. Olivia was board after 20 and needed persuasion to find the rest of them.

5) plastic grass... because I love to clean. I think next year I will look for paper grass.

6) Easter Dinner
Seth made the most fantastic Easter dinner. Very traditional. Apricot glazed ham, garlic mash potatos, baked cabbage with cheese sauce, sweet potato biscuits, and deviled eggs. I made the chocolate cookie nests with the ribbon eggs. I also set the table and hand washed all the dishes that were used to make this beautiful meal. Just letting you know so you don't think I did nothing while my hobby made up the feast.


What an awesome Easter. The only thing that I fell short on was putting more emphasis on the resurrection of Jesus Christ during the day. We taught little Miss that the eggs on our Easter tree represented new birth. That Christ had died and was alive again, but that was it. I hope I can bring Christ more into our Easter next year.
We miss our families and friends in Washington (and in the far east south) and hope their Easter was special.
This is what we did.
1) Easter dress. I added laced sleeves. It was perfect for her.
2) Chocolate bunny (Thanks Gramers) in her basket with goodies after nap.
(Notice clothing change. Our little Miss changes clothes two to three times a day. We are working on a solution.)
3)Easter bunny. Hard to find, but we got a shot of this one.
4) Egg hunt. There were 27 eggs, with one or two jelly beans in each. Olivia was board after 20 and needed persuasion to find the rest of them.
5) plastic grass... because I love to clean. I think next year I will look for paper grass.
6) Easter Dinner
Seth made the most fantastic Easter dinner. Very traditional. Apricot glazed ham, garlic mash potatos, baked cabbage with cheese sauce, sweet potato biscuits, and deviled eggs. I made the chocolate cookie nests with the ribbon eggs. I also set the table and hand washed all the dishes that were used to make this beautiful meal. Just letting you know so you don't think I did nothing while my hobby made up the feast.
What an awesome Easter. The only thing that I fell short on was putting more emphasis on the resurrection of Jesus Christ during the day. We taught little Miss that the eggs on our Easter tree represented new birth. That Christ had died and was alive again, but that was it. I hope I can bring Christ more into our Easter next year.
We miss our families and friends in Washington (and in the far east south) and hope their Easter was special.
2 comments:
Hey Jenny I found you on Andrea's blog.
What a special day. Sweet potato biscuits sound really delicious!
The first Easter we were married we were "alone" and it was really memorable. Since then we have been blessed to share that day with family members but I won't ever forget our Easter we celebrated just the two of us.
I'm having Easter dinner at your house next year! And just so you know- paper grass is just as time consuming to clean up but I've seen people use a piece of green fabric or green tissue paper instead. And little girls will always want to change clothes several times a day, ask Valinda for solution ideas.
Post a Comment